- Alternative investments increase risk-adjusted returns through unique investment opportunities.
- Alternatives often reduce overall portfolio volatility because of their low correlation to traditional asset classes. Whittier Trust has extensive experience purchasing and managing both liquid and illiquid alternative assets. Our conflict-free platform, size, and consulting experience allows you access to best-of-breed managers and exclusive opportunities. You can access alternatives through partnership structures, Whittier Trust pooled investment vehicles or direct investment.
- Private Equity — since our founding, Whittier Trust has actively invested in private equity. The firm has worked with both large institutional and small boutique managers to facilitate client investments across the private equity spectrum, including: opportunistic, distressed, buyout, growth equity and venture investments.
- Private Debt – We invest in managers that purchase and originate senior and subordinated debt with strong covenants, structural protections and collateral. These managers construct portfolios to generate high cash yields and attractive risk-adjusted returns on both an absolute and relative basis.
- Real Estate — We invest directly in multi-family and commercial properties. Recognizing that real estate is a multi-faceted asset class, we therefore invest, own and hold properties for various purposes. As a pure investment, we source opportunities for our clients and hold the investment for the long term. In addition, Whittier Trust also has the capacity to hold your real estate property in trust and act as an asset manager.
- Real Assets — We invest directly into commodity and infrastructure projects and can complement these positions with outside funds and various partnership structures.